Friday, March 29, 2013

Jane Austen

This week's contest at Spoonflower is the Jane Austen Contest.  As designers we were asked to create a design that reflects how life would be like in a Jane Austen novel.  Pride and Prejudice has always been my favorite so I thought about that novel the most while working on my design.  I also turned to my Mother who loves Jane Austen novels, the culture and that time period.  She sent me a link to a very interesting site that I thought I would share.  We know that there are the Jane Austen books and the movies but who knew that there is a... game?  The Pride and Prejudice Game is for sale in Prairie Village, Kansas!  Click here to check it out!  What a hoot!  

So for my design I thought about the book, the movie and the description of the game and came up with Stroll Through The Gardens.  This color palette is very popular for weddings and I thought it would be fun to create the design to be appealing for wedding decor.  So I started with a floral background and then scattered fans, parasols, roses and wedding bands.  I wanted the design to reflect the idea that it is a stroll through the gardens with hopes of wedded bliss.  


Here is my design for the Jane Austen Contest!




I have already been contacted about making this design available for purchase so very soon it will be for sale in my shop at Spoonflower.

Thank you so much for taking the time to check out my newest design and the blog!

2 comments:

  1. I think this is my favorite of your designs, Tara! It's so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much Danzel! You made my day! XOXO

    ReplyDelete