Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Mid-century Cocktail Dress Contest

Okay, I absolutely loved designing for this contest.  I have a Bachelors in Performing Arts from Wichita State University and many years of stage experience.  This contest coming up on Thursday, July 19th is called the Mid-century Cocktail Dress Contest.  The costume designer from a theater called the Cary Players in Cary, North Carolina is looking for a print to use for a vintage pattern cocktail dress in an upcoming production of How to Succeed in Business Without Really TryingSpoonflower created this contest to help them out because it's such a fun theme.  They are asking designers to come up with a print for a mid-20th century cocktail dress.

My first piece is the fabric design that I will be entering in the contest.  I actually created a total of 21 dresses out of fabric that I've designed.  I can not take full credit for all of the dresses.  John does magic in photoshop and both of our daughters Kate and Claire also had a hand in some of the design work.  We are a team here at Art Tree Designs!

Above is my Mid-century Cocktail Dress contest piece.























Voting for this fabulous contest begins on Thursday, July 19th.   If you are interested in seeing my entire Mid-century Collection click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment