Thursday, August 16, 2012

Camping Contest

This is my design for the Camping Contest at Spoonflower.  I decided to go with a quilt style this time around and ended up creating six pieces for the collection.  I'm not a big camper but I do enjoy the outdoors.  For this one I had to go back in memory lane when I was a girl scout and when I was a young girl going to the lake house every summer for years up in Minnesota.  How I love Minnesota!  I can still remember riding a bicycle through the woods and feeling wrapped up in all that nature looking up in the trees while pedaling forward.  It was a beautiful place to be.  I don't normally use clip art for my work but for some reason it just seemed fun to do with this design and to transform it a bit into my own by using colors and textures.  If you would like to check out my collection please click on Gone Camping.






The Camping Contest begins on Thursday, August 16th and best to get your vote in by Monday, August 20th.  You do not have to be a member to vote. 

No comments:

Post a Comment