Thursday, August 9, 2012

Ladybug Cheater Quilt

Okay so yesterday I designed my first cheater quilt.  I think I am addicted to designing cheater quilts now.  I am not a very experienced seamstress and I honestly believe this is something I could make.  I'm thinking perfect gifts for my daughters, son, nieces, family and friends. I will post my attempt once I have received the material from Spoonflower.







This ladybug design was inspired by a dear friend of mine.  She has so kindly asked me to design ladybug material for her precious daughter's first birthday coming up.  If you would like to see the Ladybug Collection please click here.  If you are interested in any of the fabric please contact me and I'll make it available for purchase as soon as possible. 


The Ladybug Cheater Quilt is also part of the Ladybug Collection.  One yard of this fabric would make an adorable ladybug quilt.  I was imagining all kinds of embellishments like red, pink, or light green soft satin ribbon around the four edges or even adding on more fabric pieces from the Ladybug Collection if you are an expert sewer.  I designed the ladybugs to look like buttons so it could be a really cute addition to sew buttons onto the quilt too.  There are two fabric pieces that I'm thinking about for the back side of the quilt.  I think I'd like to try a yard of either the Daisies & Red Ladybugs On Green Background or Pink Daisies & Ladybugs.

I copied a link here to get basic instructions on putting together your own cheater quilt.  If you are a novice sewer like me click here for the How to on eHow.

I will be sure to post my cheater quilt adventure.  Wish me luck!  Maybe since this is a ladybug quilt the ladybugs will bring me that extra luck I need, you think?  I'm going to surely need it!   

No comments:

Post a Comment