Thursday, December 6, 2012

Christmas Cookies

Every Christmas my Grandmother loved to make cookies called Sandies from the Better Homes and Gardens New Cook Book.  We always liked to call them Ladies' Fingers.  I still remember the year she taught me how to make them with her in her baby blue kitchen. My mother and I continue to carry on the tradition of making the Sandies every Christmas and every Christmas Santa Claus makes out big time. 


 
 
This cookie plate you see here is a mix of homemade cookies and store bought cookies, plus a few Hershey Kisses and chocolate Santas in the center.  You can click on the different cookies for either the recipe or the store where we found some of these sweet goodies.



 
The holiday mug featured in the Christmas cookies picture is one of my many designs for sale at our Zazzle shop.  I'm thrilled with the great quality of mugs that Zazzle has to offer.  If you would like to check out the many different mugs for sale at our Zazzle shop please click here.  They are perfect for coffee, tea, hot chocolate or milk for the big guy dressed in red!
 
I love the holidays and all of the different cookies that they bring!  Do you have a traditional holiday cookie that you make for your family every year?  If so please share with us. We'd love to try a new recipe and to read your story of where your traditional Christmas cookie came from.
 
Happy Holidays Everyone!  

No comments:

Post a Comment