Thursday, December 13, 2012

Christmas Quilt

This is a Christmas quilt my Mother made for our family last year.  I love it so much that I thought I would share it with you all.  I'm proud to say that my Mother is a very talented quilter.  If you look closely the quilting design all over the quilt is poinsettias.  You can really see one pop right above Santa's head.  When I was gifted with this quilt I had just had my first son who was two months old at the time, so it was really special to receive a quilt featuring a sweet little boy with Santa Claus.  I love the vintage feel it has, and I am very fond of all of the colors in this quilt.



Then she made us two very large stockings to decorate our house for Christmas.  I love the old fashioned looking Santa Claus, and my son is just now starting to dig Thomas the Train.







 
These are very large stockings about 30 inches long and 14 inches wide.  Sure would love for Santa to fill these up this Christmas!  :-)  She purchased the kits to make these from Jo-Ann Fabrics last year.  They look so sweet hanging on the walls in our dining room.  We sure are lucky to have a quilter in the family.  Something we treasure very much!
 
I was looking around on Amazon for other stockings.  I have mentioned before in posts how much I love snowmen.  Here is a smaller stocking that I found online that I think is absolutely adorable.
 
   
 
Decorating for the holidays is so much fun!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment