Thursday, November 29, 2012

Under the Sea

Spoonflower has partnered with Storey Publishing for the Under the Sea One Yard Wonders Contest.  Our assignment was to design a nautically inspired fabric design and then place that on a Riviera Tee.  The winner will have her or his design featured in the newest in Storey's best selling One-Yard Wonders series:  the upcoming 101 Little One-Yard Wonders.  It's a very exciting contest! 

The design that I have entered into the contest is a collaborative work of art created by myself and one of my talented young students in fabric design.  Together she and I created Little Fishies Under the Sea.  What I love most about this piece is that this contest is geared towards children and this design most certainly has a young person's touch.  I love the different expressions and personalities of the fishies.  They are just so cute swimming along doing their thing.  When I placed everything together to be created into a tee I also admired the fact that the rows of fish look like stripes and the seaweed looks like ribbon.  Plus I think the colors are vibrant and fun.  So here it is Art Tree Designs entry for this week's Spoonflower contest.







If you would like us to make this design available for purchase please contact us at arttreedesigns@hotmail.com, and we'll be happy to make it available as soon as possible.  This design would certainly make a fabulously fun t-shirt for any young child!

No comments:

Post a Comment